An accounting major does involve a bit of Mathematics, so some people may considered it a STEM subject.
However, accounting isn’t included on the U.S. list of designated degree programs, and Accounting usually falls under the “business” umbrella rather than STEM for official designation.
Yes, Finance is considered STEM, however it isn’t included on the U.S. list of STEM Designated Programs.
Despite not being included on that list, “financial services” was included on the DHS’ STEM Jobs Act in 2012.
So, the field of Finance is a STEM field.
Yes, some degrees within the field of Psychology are considered STEM majors. More broadly, “psychology” is generally considered a science, and would fall into STEM.
The following is a list of STEM Designated Degree Programs. It includes all fields in CIP 42 (Psychology) as well as some others:
- Cognitive Psychology and Psycholinguistics
- Comparative Psychology
- Developmental and Child Psychology
- Experimental Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Physiological Psychology/Psychobiology
- Social Psychology
- Psychometrics and Quantitative Psychology
- Research and Experimental Psychology
- Information/Psychological Warfare and Military Media Relations